January Reading

I didn't get as much reading in last month as I had hoped but I did get two books finished.

Books-Jan

The first finish was 'The Optimist's Daughter' by Eudora Welty which I read for Leeds Book Club, this was a re-read for me and if anything I enjoyed it more this time round.  The other book was a very interesting biography of Joan of Arc by Dr Helen Castor.  Both of them are highly recommended.

IMAG0960

There has also been a few books added to my to-read pile this month.  My village has five charity shops on it's Main Street and I like nothing better than a good mooch round at the second hand books. I didn't have a lot of time this month but I did have time to pop into one and I definitely got lucky!

Comments

Margaret said…
I'll have to try The Optimisit's Daughter. Joan of Arc fascinates me too, but I'm bad with nonfiction these days. I loved The Luminaries!! Nice finds!
Penny said…
Books! ❤️ The Optimist's Daughter sounds interesting, and I love Ian Rankin. I will have to check out the others. : )

Popular Posts